FireWhat is excited to add three GIS Mobile Mapping Labs to its arsenal of available GIS tools. This will bring 4 total units on board in the 2016 Fire Season. These GIS Mobile Labs were designed to introduce the “Next Generation of Emergency Incident Mapping”, through the integration of traditional paper-based mapping and ArcGIS Online (WebGIS).
Through a partnership with HP Enterprise and HP Inc, FireWhat's Mobile Labs are some of the most state of the art GIS labs that exist. In the Fall of 2015, FireWhat partnered with HP to outfit all of our Mobile GIS Labs with enterprise HP Hardware, Servers, Laptops, and Printers. This new outfitting of equipment includes the new HP ZBook 15" laptop workstation, HP Enterprise Servers, and HP T3500 Large Format Printers. Each of our Mobile Labs are also equipped with HP Networking incorporated with Cisco Systems Meraki Wireless Mesh Networking devices. This enables FireWhat to create incident specific IntraNets to share GeoSpatial Data, Live Tracking of Resources, and Real Time dissemination of information to all incident responders.
Our GIS Mobile Labs incorporate cutting edge technology and an expansive layout to ensure function and usability. With fully networked workstations, dual plotters and top of the line data processing computers, these units will meet and exceed all organizational requirements. Two of the GIS Mobile Labs are built for dual use, the first use being GIS and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle observation (as presented at the 2015 Tepee Springs Wildfire in McCall, ID), and the second use being onsite training and educational purposes. The GIS Mobile Labs are able to set up for short/long term field GIS uses, or for demonstration purposes and are completely self-sufficient. FireWhat provides National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) fully qualified GISS Personnel to respond to emergency incidents as well.
FireWhat Type I GIS Mobile Labs include:
- Up to 8 Fully Networked Dual Monitor Workstations
- Satellite Internet Capacity
- Satellite Phone Capacity
- Fax-over IP Capacity
- (2) 42” High Speed Color Plotter
- 11”x 17” Laser Color Printers
- Diesel Power Generation
- Wireless LAN Broadcast Ability
- 25 Tablets for Mobile Mapping and Live Map Viewing
- DeLorme InReach Live Tracking Devices
FireWhat Mapping Software includes:
- GISDirect, a FireWhat GIS Product
- ArcGIS Earth
- ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS 10.2 to 10.4 capability
- ArcGIS Spatial Analyst and 3-D Analyst
- ArcVIEW with 3.3 Spatial Analyst
- FIRESCOPE/Ventura Tools
- GARMIN GPS downloading software
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Microsoft Office 2013
- FIMT Incident 2016
- TouchScreen Technology for large map viewing
- Highly qualified GISS aides to assist with incident support.